Sunday, December 5, 2021
VR&AR

Alec Baldwin ‘handed loaded weapon by assistant director who said it was safe to use’, court documents say



Alec Baldwin was handed a loaded weapon by a member of the film crew and told it it was safe to use’ according to court documents.

The 63-year-old, who was seen in tears after the fatal incident at a film set in New Mexico, had been told by an assistant director, that the weapon was a “cold gun”, and therefore supposedly safe to fire.

The assistant director did not know the prop gun was loaded with live rounds, according to a search warrant filed in a Santa Fe court.

Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was shot in the chest on the set of a Western starring Baldwin. Director Joel Souza was wounded. The records said he was standing behind her.

According to an affidavit signed by Detective Joel Cano of the Santa Fe County sheriff’s office, as part of the police’s search of the movie set, the star of shows such as 30 Rock, was handed one of three prop guns that the film’s armorer had set up outside on a cart.

The crew member shouted “Cold Gun”, to indicate there was no danger as it was believed there were no live rounds.

But when Baldwin fired the weapon, a projectile emerged few from the barrel, hitting cinematographer Halyna Hutchins in the chest and killing her. Director Joel Souza, who was standing by behind her, was also hit and wounded. the search warrant said.

More follows….



READ SOURCE

ALSO READ  Police spend tens of thousands of pounds protecting transport of dogs to labs for experiments

Leave a Reply

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.