Do you want to learn how to use FaceTime on Android? Yes, FaceTime on Android is possible. You don’t believe it? Then continue reading this post to become a believer. The Google play store is littered with video-calling apps, but still, most Android users wish they can FaceTime on Android to stay in touch with their family or friends that own an iPhone. There is no denying that in terms of security and features, Apple’s FaceTime is one of the best out there. The good news for non-Apple users and fans of FaceTime is that the application is making its way to both Windows and Android. Many accredited this move to the sudden rise of Zoom and Google meet, as FaceTime doesn’t want to lose some of its users.
FaceTime is a video chat application developed by Apple and FaceTime can be used across a range of platforms, and other manufacturers can leverage FaceTime’s protocol
How to Use FaceTime on Android
It’s no secret that Apple prefers to operate in a closed ecosystem. So allowing Android users to use FaceTime will undoubtedly come with heavy limitations. For starters, Android users can not download the FaceTime app, they are only allowed to join a FaceTime call through a link from an iPhone user. Android users can not generate a FaceTime meeting invite link on their device, they will have to ask their friend who is either an iPhone, iPad or Mac user to create a FaceTime meeting link and share it with them.
FaceTime on Android only supports Safari and Google Chrome browsers. Wh at this means is that the Android user must open the FaceTime link in their Google Chrome to get started with the call. Once the Android user opens the link, they will need to add their name and wait for the iDevice friend or the person that created the link to let them in. As an Android user, you’re not allowed to screen share on FaceTime calls.
How to Create a FaceTime Call Link on iPhone, iPad, or Mac
In case, your friend or family member does not know how to create a FaceTime call link, we decided to provide the steps to get it done. So check it out below;
• On your iPhone or iPad running on iOS 15 or Mac running on macOS Monterey, open the FaceTime app.
• Click on the “Create Link” button to generate a FaceTime meeting link. Tap on the “Info” button which is next to the FaceTime link.
• Then from the pop-up menu in iOS 15, choose “Share Link”. On macOS Monterey, click on the “Share” button.
• Now select your preferred method of sharing the FaceTime meeting link with your friend that owns an Android device. Some of the sharing options are via email, Messenger, Apple Messages, and WhatsApp.
How to Join a FaceTime Call from Your Android Device
Still on how to use FaceTime on Android, here we’ll be showing you how you can join a FaceTime call from your Android phone. Note that FaceTime only supports Google Chrome on Android, so make sure you’re opening the meeting link via the Chrome browser. To do that, follow the steps below;
• Click on the FaceTime call link sent to you and open via Google Chrome.
• Enter your name and click on the “Continue” button. You’ll receive a pop-up message that says “facetime.apple.com wants to use your camera and microphone.” Give the necessary permissions by tapping on “Allow”.
• Now, tap the green “Join” button at the top right corner. At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see “Waiting to be let in”. This means that you’ll be able to join the FaceTime call as soon as your iOS or macOS friend approves your join request.
• Tap on the “Leave” button at the top right corner if you ever want to end the call.
How to Add FaceTime App Icon on Android Home Screen
For quick and easy access, you can add the FaceTime link to your Android device home screen. This will save you from having to dig into the app, whenever you receive an invitation link. An invitation link remains active for several days (confirmed up to 15 days), this means you can join a meeting multiple times before the link expires. So to add the app icon on your Android home screen, follow the steps below;
• Open the FaceTime invitation link in your Chrome browser.
• Then, click the three-dot vertical menu icon at the top right corner of the screen.
• From the available menu, choose the “Add to Home Screen” option.
• In the pop-up menu, tap on “Add” to confirm the action. You can go to your home screen to check if the FaceTime app shortcut has been added.