We’re mere weeks away from the arrival of the much-anticipated New Pokémon Snap, the sequel to a long-dormant game that has Pokémon fans everywhere beyond excited. To celebrate the impending launch of New Pokémon Snap, Pokémon Go is announcing a new celebratory special event for Pokémon Go.
Players can look forward to an event inspired by the photography and Lental Region of the upcoming New Pokémon Snap game, and increased chances to run into Pokémon Snap-inspired creatures in the wild.
Some of the highlights of the new Pokémon Go special event include:
- Pokémon inspired by the Lental Region in Pokémon Snap, such as Lotad, Cacnea, Ducklett, and more, will appear more frequently in the wild
- Pokémon inspired by the Lental Region in Pokémon Snap, such as Vaporeon, Meganium, Trapinch, and more, will appear more frequently in raids
- Event-exclusive Field Research and Timed Research that’s focused on taking snapshots in Pokémon Go
- A new camera avatar item and camera-themed Gift sticker will be available in the shop, and the new Gift sticker can also appear at PokéStops
- Smeargle has an increased chance of appearing in snapshots in Pokémon Go. If players are lucky, they can even encounter a Shiny Smeargle for the first time in Pokémon Go, only during the duration of the event!
This new Pokémon Go special event is a great way to get amped up for the upcoming New Pokémon Snap game, which launches on Nintendo Switch on April 30, 2021. Ensure you get the most out of the Pokémon Go event by investing in some of the best accessories for Pokémon Go.
2021 has certainly been a busy year for the storied Pokémon franchise. Earlier this year, we took a look back at 25 years of Pokémon.