Going by the moniker, nexsad, the user claimed that his friend’s Xiaomi Mi A1 smartphone caught fire while he was sleeping near it. He further added in the post that there were no heating issues or any other problem with the smartphone bought eight months ago. The smartphone is claimed to have been completely damaged in the explosion.
In the post, the user has also posted pictures of the damaged Xiaomi MiA1 on the forum. He has also warned other Xiaomi A1 users not to sleep near their devices while charging. “MiA1 users, take care not to place it near your head while charging!!”
Here’s the post shared by nexsad on Xiaomi forum:
“My friend’s MiA1 exploded while he was sleeping near it. If not for the protective cover and the distance, he could have been seriously hurt. So, my friend bought a MiA1 about 8 months ago. It was working without problems till date. No heating issues, while charging or otherwise. He had kept it for charging and went to sleep, as he usually does. Apparently, he was jolted awake at night by something, but ignored it and went back to sleep. In the morning, he found the phone in an extremely damaged condition. He has reported to customer care, and hopefully, they will compensate him.”
Xiaomi appears to have acknowledged the post as it has a “under discussion” stamp on it. The company, however, has so far not released any official statement on the issue.
Xiaomi launched Mi A1 smartphone in August last year. The smartphone runs Android 8.0 Oreo operating system and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor. The smartphone is backed by a 3,080 mAh battery and offers 4GB of RAM and 64GB internal storage.
Recently, it was also reported that some users of Xiaomi Mi A1 successor Xiaomi Mi A2 are facing battery issues. These users complained that the smartphone’s battery is draining fast. The battery draining problem is being attributed to the use of fingerprint sensor. As per some reports, the use of fingerprint sensor is activating all the eight cores of the processor which is leading to the battery draining quickly.